What is a Migraine Headache:
Migraine is a disorder characterized by repeated attacks of severe headache. A migraine headache causes throbbing or pulsating pain, usually on only one side of the head. These headaches are often associated with nausea, vomiting, and extreme sensitivity to light and sound; they generally last between four hours and three days.
Migraine headaches, which are often misdiagnosed as sinus or tension headaches, are severe enough to interfere with sleep, work, and other everyday activities. They may occur as often as several times per week or as rarely as once or twice a year.
Migraine Headache Symptoms:
• Nausea and vomiting
• Dizziness, light headedness, or even vertigo (feeling like the room is spinning)
• Loss of appetite
• Visual disturbances, like seeing flashing lights or zigzag lines, temporary blind spots, or blurred vision
• Parts of your body may feel numb, weak, or tingly
• Light, noise, and movement especially bending over make your head hurt worse; you want to lie down in a dark, quiet room
Patients and their family members usually know that when they observe these warning symptoms that a migraine attack is beginning.
Causes Of Migraine Headache:
Some people who suffer from migraines can clearly identify triggers or factors that cause the headaches, but many cannot. Potential migraine triggers include:
* Allergies and allergic reactions
* Bright lights, loud noises and certain odors or perfumes
* Physical or emotional stress
* Changes in sleep patterns or irregular sleep
* Smoking or exposure to smoke
* Skipping meals or fasting
* Menstrual cycle fluctuations, birth control pills, hormone fluctuations during menopause onset
* Tension headaches
Remedies For Migraine Headache:
* Take warm-water enema to cleanse bowels.Cleanse the bowels by taking warm water enema during the fruit juice diet.
* peppermint oil is effective in curing headaches. All you need to do is massage some oil in your temples, head, jaw, and at the back of your neck.
* Plenty of exercise and walk in fresh air is essential.Exercise regularly and frequent fresh air walks help relieve migraines tension.
* Hot bath, cold compress applied to head.A hot foot bath, fomentation over the stomach and spine, cold compress applied to the head, and towels wrung out of very hot water and frequently applied to the neck will go a long way in relieving.
* Unlike other remedies, fever few is a bit difficult to find. But there are some health stores that carry these herbs. You can take this herb as is or brew it to make tea. Fever few stops headache by preventing the blood vessels in your head from being inflamed.
* 3-4 fruit based meals for about 2-3 days after the juice diet could help relieve some of the migraines pain.
* There have been studies explaining how magnesium is vital in preventing headaches. This particular mineral is very important in proper functioning of some body parts. You can get your dose of magnesium from food sources or better yet supplement with magnesium-enriched capsules.
* Cleansing the body of toxins is important for effective treatment of migraine headache. Fast for 2-3 days on orange juice and water. Alternatively, fast on juices of carrot, celery or cucumber.
* To prevent migraines avoid or reduce white flour products, sugar, confectionery, rich cakes, pastries, sweets, refined cereals, greasy foods, tinned or preserved foods, pickles, condiments and sauces.
* Adopt a well-balanced diet consisting of seeds, nuts, grains, vegetables and fruits. Include milk, yoghurt, buttermilk, vegetable oils, and honey. All fruit diet for a couple of days each month can keep your body cleansed as a migraines therapy.