What is Runny Nose:
A runny nose is a very common and annoying problem. It occurs when there is increased mucus in the sinus and nasal passages. The increased mucus production is the body’s way of flushing cold or flu viruses, irritants and allergens out of the body.
Runny nose is excess drainage, which may range from a clear fluid to thick mucus, produced by the nasal and adjacent tissues and blood vessels in the nose. The drainage of runny nose may run out of your nose or down the back of your throat or both. Here are some symptoms causes and remedies for how to stop runny nose.
Symptoms of Runny Nose:
* Itching of nose, mouth, eyes, throat, palate, ear and skin
* Red and watery eyes
* Runny and stuffy nose
* Non stop sneezing
Causes of Runny Nose:
* Bacterial infections
* Hay fever
* Head injury
* Nasal sprays
* Small objects in the nostril (especially in children)
Remedies for How to Stop Runny Nose:
* Using a humidifier is also an effective runny nose remedy. This will prevent excessive dryness of the nose.
* Prepare with a cup of warm water and mixed with one tea spoon of honey with equal amount of lemon juice or two slices of lemon pieces.
* Try not to sit in air-conditioner room for too long when one is having a runny nose as this will worsen the situation. Keep yourself warm always and wear a jacket when needed.
* Try to massage the area around your nose “called bridge” gently, up and down as these helps one to breathe easily and feel more relief.
* Find out what you are allergic to. If total avoidance is not possible, cover your nose and mouth while dealing with such allergens.
* Another effective remedy is ginger. Ginger is helpful in draining the nasal passages and in maintaining normal body temperature.
* Putting plain heated mustard oil in the nostrils through a dropper is another popular natural cure for Runny Nose. Use this oil on one nostril at a time as it has a strong smell.
* Another helpful runny nose remedy is water and salt solution. To use this solution simply put a few drops into your nostrils and gently blow your nose. Although this can be an irritating procedure, when you get used to it, you can easily obtain relief from runny nose.
* Try to avoid pets and carpets.
* Having a cup of warm water mixed with about two to three drops of lime juice and a tablespoon of honey is useful in providing relief from this condition.