What is a Blackhead:
A blackhead is a yellow or blackish bump or plug on the skin its medical name is an open comedo. Blackheads are very common in young People but many of them do not know what they are. Many people suffer from blackheads and they can occur all over the body. They are more commonly found on the face particularly around the nose and chin.
Blackheads are said to be the first stage of acne. They form before bacteria invade the pores of the patient’s skin. A blackhead can develop into a pimple, which is also known as a papule or pustule.
Symptoms of Blackheads:
Blackheads are easy to spot on the skin because of their dark color. They are slightly raised, although they are not painful because they are not inflamed like pimples. Pimples form when bacteria invade the blockage in the hair follicle, causing redness and inflammation.
The main reason of black heads is the oily skin. The outside conditions are also a main factor which affects the origination of black heads. Lack of hygienic condition may also contributes in worsening the condition.
Home Remedies for Blackheads:
* Applying a combination of one teaspoon of coriander juice and half a teaspoon of turmeric powder is one of the most successful natural home remedies for Blackheads and Pimples on face.
* A packet made with crushed potatoes packed in thin cloth (poultice) is quite effective in treating black heads.
* The application of a mixture of one teaspoon lime juice and one teaspoon cinnamon powder is also beneficial in the natural treatment of Blackheads.
* The balancing quality present in honey is good for both oily skin and blackheads. Honey hydrates as well as tightens the skin pores, giving you a clear complexion.
* Prepare a paste by adding some rose water in oatmeal or almond powder. Rub this therapeutic paste on the affected areas and leave it for about 15 minutes. Finally wash it off.
* Baking soda is an effective treatment for blackheads as well as acne. It helps clear the skin of impurities such as debris and dirt.
* Cinnamon can be used to remove and prevent blackheads.
* The combination of oatmeal and yogurt is great for keeping your skin free of blackheads.
* Green tea can also be used to treat blackheads.
* Lemon juice, also used in acne treatment, can help remove blackheads. The nutrients and vitamins present in lemon juice are good for all skin types.