What is Acne:
Your skin has tiny holes called pores that can become blocked by oil bacteria and dirt. When this occurs you may develop a pimple or zit. If your skin is repeatedly affected by this condition you may have acne. Acne is not a life threatening condition it can be painful, particularly when it is severe. It can also cause emotional distress.
Acne medically known as acne vulgaris is a skin disease that involves the oil glands at the base of hair follicles. It commonly occurs during puberty when the sebaceous (oil) glands come to life the glands are stimulated by male hormones produced by the adrenal glands of both males and females.
What Causes Acne:
The cause of acne is not fully understood. Though stress can aggravate acne, it clearly does not cause it.
Hormones. Common acne in teenagers starts with an increase in hormone production. During puberty, both boys and girls produce high levels of androgens, the male sex hormones that include testosterone. Testosterone signals the body to make more sebum, the oil produced in the skin’s oil glands.
If you have mild or moderate acne, you may have greasy skin and spots (such as blackheads) on your face, back, chest and shoulders. Red or yellow spots (pustules) can form if your skin becomes inflamed (swollen). Sometimes, spots that have become inflamed (pustules, nodules and cysts) may be painful, tender to touch and hot. In very severe acne, cysts may join together to form larger, deeper inflamed areas (acne conglobata), but this is rare.
Acne Home Remedies:
1. Wash your face (or other affected skin) gently one or two times a day.
2.Use fresh mint juice to apply on your Acne face.
3. Strawberry leaves can also help to reduce the pimple swelling.
4. Boiling water with three tea bags and Basil. Use a cotton ball to put this mixture on the adult acne.
5. Apply egg whites to the acne and remove in a couple of hours.
6. Mix turmeric powder with some mint juice before applying on the acne. Wash it off with clean, lukewarm water after about 30 mins.
7. Make a paste with cucumber before using it as a facial mask. Leave the mask on for 30 mins daily. Doing this will prevent acne from breaking out.
8. Do not squeeze pimples, because that often leads to infections, worse acne, and scars.
9. Use a moisturizer to keep your skin from drying out. Choose one that says “noncomedogenic” on the label.
10. Use over-the-counter medicated creams, soaps, lotions, and gels to treat your acne. Always read the label carefully to make sure you are using the product correctly.
There are various preventative measures that may prevent or reduce acne flare-ups. Examples include:
• To prevent the incidence of scarring never squeeze or pick acne lesions.
• Establish a daily skin-care regimen which includes cleansing the skin with a soft wash cloth warm water and an appropriate facial soap at least twice a day.
• Use only oil-free skin and hair care products.
• Avoid scrubbing the skin when cleansing.